A complete API testing practice has significant benefits:
- Easier test automation
- Reduced time between defect discovery and remediation
- Faster feedback about the quality of your application from the CI/CD pipeline
But most organizations are still struggling with low levels of API test coverage. The #1 reason for this is the perception that there’s a requirement for a highly specialized set of skills in order to efficiently create the required libraries of test suites necessary for a complete, scalable API testing practice.
As a recognized leader in API testing, Parasoft has helped many enterprise organizations roll out successful and scalable API testing practices. Join Parasoft’s Product Manager, Chris Colosimo and VP of Products, Mark Lambert in this webinar, where they’ll share the strategy they used with many of these organizations to rapidly build API test suites and achieve high levels of test coverage.
You will learn:
- A “bottom-up” approach that starts with using your service definitions (e.g. Swagger, RAML, and WSDL) to create test cases for how your APIs are designed.
- A “top-down” approach that leverages both your manual and automated UI interactions (repurposing your existing Selenium tests) to automatically create your API tests for how the APIs are used.
- How to visualize and quantify your API test coverage to ensure you are covering all the use cases.